Advice related to philanthropy and charity law, compliance, governance, transactions, legal document drafting, and establishing legal structures.
Trusted Legal Advisors
Seton & Associates are your trusted legal advisors.
Between the complex laws around compliance, governance, transactions, fundraising, legal structures, and reporting, it can be extremely complicated to be a philanthropist or social entrepreneur these days. We are a philanthropic law group whose mission is to help our clients solve some of the world’s largest problems by complying with the law.
We help you avoid self-dealing, tipping issues, complex transaction pitfalls, and other legal issues. We handle the legal issues so you can focus on doing good.
We are trusted legal advisors for our clients in compliance, governance, legal structuring, charitable enterprise formation, transactions, charitable fundraising and more. We advise on a wide range of topics, all listed below.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Fiscal Sponsors
- Charitable Entity Selection
- Choice of Jurisdiction
- “B” Corporations
- 501c Subsidiaries
- Fiscal Sponsorship Formation
- Charitable Instruments/ Transactions
- Program Related Investments
- International Charitable Initiatives
- Nonprofit Venture Funds
- Social Enterprise
- Tax Questions
- Charitable Gifts
- Innovative Grant-Making
- Regulatory Compliance
- Tipping (Private Foundations)
- Self-dealing (Private Foundations)
- Grant agreements (Private Foundations)
- Successor Planning (Private Foundations)
- Avoiding Reclassifications of Public Charities
- Licensing Deals for Charities
- Bylaws: Formation and Amendments
- Board Governance: Legal Advice & Best Practices
- Regulatory Compliance for Fundraising
- Out-of-State Formation and Qualification
- Board Limitations of Liability
- LLC Formation
- Corporation Formation
- Marketing Strategy & Execution Assistance